Our physicians are featured from time to time on TV or in newspapers, magazines or have papers published in medical journals.
Presently, we have some videos up of our procedures on YouTube.com, and we have links below to papers and articles you can view by clicking on them. More material will be added in the future, so be sure to check back from time to time.
- Dr. Gary Pess, a renowned expert in the minimally invasive care of Dupuytrens Contracture, was interviewed for an article which appeared in the Washington Post.
- In June, 2019, at the International Federation for Societies of the Hand Triennial Meeting in Berlin, Germany, Gary M. Pess, MD co-chaired the section on Dupuytren Contracture and presented his talk “Advanced Techniques in Percutaneous Needle Fasciotomy and Collagenase: Going Beyond the MP Joint”.
- In September, 2019 at the American Society for Surgery of the Hand Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, Gary M. Pess, MD was the Chairperson of the Instructional Course “Advanced Techniques in Needle Aponeurotomy and Collagense – Going Beyond the MP Joint”. He also presented “Advanced Techniques in Needle Aponeurotomy – Going Beyond the MP Joint”. At the same meeting, Dr. Pess also participated in an International Symposium on Dupuytren Contracture speaking about “Why I Changed What I Do”. He participated in a Residents and Fellows Educational Seminar and Practicum on treatment of Dupuytren Contracture. He also co-authored a iPoster “Incidence of Tendon Rupture after Collagense Clostridium Histolyticum Injection for Treatment of Dupuytren Contracture in Adults: A Poatmarketing Safety Analysis”.
- In 2019, Gary M. Pess, MD gave lectures on the use of Xiaflex for the Treatment of Dupuytren Contracture at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, and New York University Medical Center / Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York, NY
- November 2019. Gary M. Pess, MD authored a chapter on Needle Aponeurotomy for the Treatment of Dupuytren Contracture in the new textbook American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Atlas of Essential Orthopedic Procedures.
Needle Aponeurotomy Procedure
If you are interested in having NA performed by Dr. Pess or Dr. Atik at our Northeast Center for Dupuytren's Contracture, please email photos along with a brief description of your problem and a list of any past surgeries on your hand. This can be sent to one of the email addresses noted below.
Please take photos shooting down on the palm with the palm facing up. A close-up of the diseased area and a side view are also helpful. Do not send photos of the back of the hand. If you cannot email the photos, they may be sent by regular mail to our Eatontown office.
If you would like to start the scheduling process,please call Lisa directly at 732-542-4477 x206 or email email@example.com